It’s summer, summer, summer time! While everyone is excited about this amazing weather and the glorious long summer days I’ve been busy getting my summer beauty game up! Quite frankly, you can’t have the same beauty and hair routine for winter and summer. Read more
I vividly remember old fashioned oatmeal baths as a child. Fortunately, I didn’t suffer from eczema, but as warmer months approached my body would react to the sun resulting with itchy tiny heat bumps and minor hives. It was the most irritating thing as a little girl, wanting to scratch and being told not to. I was thankful for those milky-like water baths that soothed my skin.
I haven’t suffered from allergy breakouts since my childhood until recently. It’s May, the pollen level is at an all-time high and unfortunately it’s getting the best of me. Itchy eyes and skin, along with the occasional runny nose; allergy season for sure. After avoiding scratching my skin and searching high and low for something to sooth, it dawned on me to go back to my mother’s old trick. I pulled out the old fashioned Oatmeal!
Suffering from irritated skin? Or just looking for a calming sensation? Try an oatmeal bath, to sooth and nourish your skin. You will need:
- Pour a cup of oatmeal into your sheer stocking, knotting the top to seal the oatmeal in the bag
- To make this bath a little more relaxing add a little lavender essential oil to your oatmeal
- Run steamy warm water in your tub
- Submerge your oatmeal stocking into the steamy running water
- Stir water until it looks ‘milky’
- Allow stocking to sit in the water throughout the entire bath
- Enjoy your nice oatmeal bath … a little tip, I take the stocking and rub it across my skin for even more contact with the oatmeal