It’s summer, summer, summer time! While everyone is excited about this amazing weather and the glorious long summer days I’ve been busy getting my summer beauty game up! Quite frankly, you can’t have the same beauty and hair routine for winter and summer. Read more
I’m really one of those people who keeps trying things until they find that one thing I love. Especially if I’m looking for a certain thing. Let’s just say, I’ve found my skincare soulmate. Just so you know, I only believe in sharing products that I truly believe, have used, and have seen work. I started using Modere at the beginning of March after experiencing a series of rough days with my skin. I typically have very normal and balanced skin, but after winter’s harsh weather –I was very dry in some places (like my forehead) and oily in my t-zone. A few weeks ago I even suffered from a small breakout. I needed to change my skin care regimen and I needed to adjust it fast.
Hey Lifestylers! Long time no blog! I’m just getting settled from all the events I had going on and wanted to make sure I updated you guys on my new skincare regimen! I’m sure if you follow my Instagram, you saw my post about a month ago. My friends at Reviva Labs sent me a few of their new products and I must say my skin is in love! I received the Vitamin E Oil Stick, Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate, Hawaiian Seaweed Beauty Mask, and the Hawaiian Seaweed Day Cream.
I was kind of nervous to try a new regimen, because I’m one of those “if it isn’t broke don’t fix it,” people. I’ve always been very satisfied with my old skin care regimen and I didn’t know I actually needed improvements, until I tried something new and I felt the difference!
I’ll start with the Vitamin E Oil Stick … It is a game changer! I live by vitamin e oil, and for the longest I’ve been dealing with the messy tube oil version, or even worst, breaking into capsules to retrieve the oil for use. Not anymore! Reviva Labs Vitamin E Oil Stick is conveniently in a lipstick tube, which means it’s mess free! I use it as a lip balm and I also use it around my eyes at night to diminish dark circles. This baby is the best, I mean it. I will never go back to the oil version, I’m sticking with Reviva Labs’ Stick version forever; it’s convenience sold me.
I believe the secret to having flawless skin is in exfoliating. You have to remove dead skin cells in order for new skin cells to resurface. I began using the Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate at the beginning of July, and it’s part of the reason I waited so long to give my full review. I wanted to be open and honest about the products I’ve tried; and I needed to get the full experience of using the product. So instead of me giving the review right away I used the product for nearly 2 months before my review. The Pomegranate Lactic Acid Exfoliate did wonders for my skin! I’ve always had an uneven skin tone, and I’m sure everyone has this. However it evened out my skin tone tremendously! I noticed a lot of the black heads that were in my t-zone faded away, because my pores were unclogged. Overall it just felt like a breath of fresh air! Using this all natural exfoliant twice a week really did the job of brightening my skin tone while detoxing my skin.
When I felt like pampering my skin I used the Hawaiian Seaweed Beauty Mask. One thing that’s for sure, I try not to over use my products, because too much of anything can be bad. You can use this mask up to twice a week, but I chose once a week because I was exfoliating twice a week. What I love about this product, is that it was very gentle and mild and restored the moisture balance in my skin. When you use an exfoliator you have to make sure you leave moisture, and this mask soothes your skin while retaining moisture and revitalizing your complexion.
And last but not least, my all time favorite, the Hawaiian Seaweed Day Cream! This is a game changer!!! The very first time I used this, I instantly felt the difference between this product and my overly expensive BareEssentials (Oops, didn’t mean to step on anyone’s toes!) I still love BareEssentials, and I even wear their makeup and use the facial soap, but the day cream from Reviva Labs has completely swept me off my feet! My skin practically drank this day cream; it absorbed so well in my skin, and left my face feeling like baby skin! Not only did it nourish it with moisture, it made my primer and makeup foundation go on so smoothly. You must try! It’s great for all skin types.
Thank you Reviva Labs for sending me all of these goodies, my skin thanks you, and I’m officially hooked! If you want to try some of Reviva Labs products, you can find them on their website at www.revivalabs.com and their products are also sold in Ulta! Here are a few pictures from my Reviva Lab journey! In my favorite house kaftan and the Pomegranate exfoliant!
Since everyone always asks me what are some of my favorite go to products for my skin, I decided to share it on the blog today. I worked in cosmetics for nearly 4 years, it was one of my favorite jobs. However, what was most enjoyable about working in cosmetics was that I learned so much about skin care and maintenance. Having a skin routine is so vital to maintaining healthy skin, and skin care should always change just as you change. Your skin, just like everything else can get use to your products and they may not work as effectively as they use to. So switching up your products can be necessary to maintaining healthy skin.
A few months ago I shared with you my transition to oil cleansing. Though I absolutely love this method, I don’t think it’s necessary for the warm summer months I am encountering in the south. So I’ve decided to get back to my old faithful… I love BareMinerals! Here’s a list of my favorites I use for effortless summer skin!
- bareMinerals Purifying Facial Cleanser is by far my favorite. It’s very gentle on the skin and gets the job of cleansing without stripping my skin of moisture done. My skin feels refreshed after I use it and did I mention it’s great for those who tend to have irritable or allergy prone skin. bareMinerals also carries a deep cleanser which works well but I wouldn’t use it for everyday use.
- After cleansing my skin I balance my pH level with a toner. My toners of choice are either apple cider vinegar or witch hazel. Both have good skin benefits great for evening skin tone, daily exfoliation and removing dead skin cells.
- For the record, yes, people of color need to protect their skin, too! Always wear sunscreen during these hot summer months. While sun rays are closest to us, you must stay protected. Apply sunscreen to a clean face before you apply your moisturizer. Allow sunscreen to settle for at least 20 minutes before you encounter the sun. Once sunscreen has set, then moisturize. Here’s a shopping tip: Aveeno is my favorite. It gives me great coverage for my new summer workouts and it’s very good on sensitive skin. It has all day protection and the best part is it’s not thick and gooey like a lot of sunscreens tend to be. It’s as smooth as a moisturizing cream.
- Once I’m toned and protected, I love to moisturize with bareMinerals Purely Nourishing Moisturizer. It works amazingly on my skin. The best thing about this moisturizer is it keeps my skin moist all day without leaving me oily or sticky.
I’m sure you noticed bareMinerals’ newest makeup BARESKIN … I’m saving this product review for next week. Let’s just say, my skin loves it! Tune in next week for a product review.
I vividly remember old fashioned oatmeal baths as a child. Fortunately, I didn’t suffer from eczema, but as warmer months approached my body would react to the sun resulting with itchy tiny heat bumps and minor hives. It was the most irritating thing as a little girl, wanting to scratch and being told not to. I was thankful for those milky-like water baths that soothed my skin.
I haven’t suffered from allergy breakouts since my childhood until recently. It’s May, the pollen level is at an all-time high and unfortunately it’s getting the best of me. Itchy eyes and skin, along with the occasional runny nose; allergy season for sure. After avoiding scratching my skin and searching high and low for something to sooth, it dawned on me to go back to my mother’s old trick. I pulled out the old fashioned Oatmeal!
Suffering from irritated skin? Or just looking for a calming sensation? Try an oatmeal bath, to sooth and nourish your skin. You will need:
- Pour a cup of oatmeal into your sheer stocking, knotting the top to seal the oatmeal in the bag
- To make this bath a little more relaxing add a little lavender essential oil to your oatmeal
- Run steamy warm water in your tub
- Submerge your oatmeal stocking into the steamy running water
- Stir water until it looks ‘milky’
- Allow stocking to sit in the water throughout the entire bath
- Enjoy your nice oatmeal bath … a little tip, I take the stocking and rub it across my skin for even more contact with the oatmeal